• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 23/08/05

IBL

Established Member
cant wait for the highlights on Football First, flippin live streaming didnt work for me :evil:

Sounded like a cracking game, so glad for the boys, forwards and upwards hopefully from here. Looking forward to Reyes and Hleb our new wing wizards.

Hope Cygan gets some much needed confidence now, we may need him to help us score a few again ;D

Army of Me

Established Member
great moment at the end when pascal cleared the ball twice in quick succession, and the crowd cheered him both times, had a big cheesy grin and looked towards the fans. he isn't the most popular fella, but that was nice ;)

James

Established Member
pha2er said:
great moment at the end when pascal cleared the ball twice in quick succession, and the crowd cheered him both times, had a big cheesy grin and looked towards the fans. he isn't the most popular fella, but that was nice ;)
It was bloody hilarious, but a real nice touch.

James

Established Member
If Titi took the penalty in the first half, he'd have that record.

Is he one of equalliing it, or breaking it?

lee1001

Established Member
Boro.

They're playing **** atm.

But its not for two and a half weeks!!

god i hate international weeks.

MikeBart19

Revised Ratings:

Lehmann 8.5 - Flawless, bailed us out a few times
Cole 7.5 - Good going forward, tasty crosses, ok defensively
Lauren 7 - Missed a penalty but it was a good save, same as Cole really
Toure 8 - Another solid game
Cygan 8 - Scored 2 goals... :shock: defensively ok
Gilberto 6 - Pretty sloppy throughout. couple of good efforts near the end.
Fabregas 7.5 - Great passing at times, a couple of decent shots too, not vintage but good.
Reyes 9 - Simply put, made things happen...our best player going forward and got stuck in when tracking back...brilliant. Didn't score but set up Henry for the second. lovely passing and dribbling
Hleb 7 - Good skill on display again but less involved in this match. Was partially at fault for Fulham's goal I thought by letting (Radzinski i think) get by him quite easily on the wing leading up to the shot. But still impressive overall
Bergkamp 7 - Good set pieces, and crosses, a bit off the pace, could have scored a couple himself, but at least he was more involved in this one.
Henry 8 - Good couple of goals, played more as a striker this time, and it payed off, encouraged the team well, hope he can learn to do this more when its not going so well for us. Supported Reyes a lot which was nice to see.

Subs:

Flamini 6.5 - Worked hard, set up Henry for his second. Not much playing time.
Clichy 6.5 - Ran around like mad and showed great determination when the game was dying out, good to see him back. Not much playing time.

MOTM - Reyes

Overall - Lovely flowing football at times, have a feeling the team can still improve offensively but was a joy to watch them today. Defensively shakey with Lehmann doing a good job holding us together at the back. And talk about having a plan B....Super Pascal!!

nazo

Established Member
Ricky_AFC said:
kevin earley said:
whos our next game?

My fixture list says 10th september away to Boro. Hope thats wrong because thats a long wait :evil:

nope its right its international week
most of the international games are qualifiers this week

Legend#1

Established Member
Reyes was just a beast.. He really looked like he was confident in his game and basically enjoying himself..

His dribbling was brilliant.. and he was spraying balls left to right and never stopped working.. Looked a real threat everytime he had it.

Hleb also looks such a classy player.. those 2 on the wings looked brilliant bevause they actually stayed wide sometimes and gave us some width to stretch them.

Bergy was very bad until the last 15 mins where he livened up.. Henry gradually got into the game slowly and looked very dangerous in the 2nd half.. brilliantly taken 2nd goal.. He wasn't moaning or throwing his arms either.. Always clapping and encouraging.

Cygan had his best Prem game in an Arsenal shirt and topped it off with 2 goals.. the 2nd goal was hilarious due to Toure's best impression of "Air Jordan" :lol:

Gilberto had a very bad game.. Looked very off the pace in the 1st half and kept losing posession.

Cesc played well imo.. Played much higher up the pitch but needs to work on his end product in the final 3rd a bit more.

KingReyes

Established Member
Finally it looks like Cygan gets his moment on Arsenal-mania, I'm sure he'll be enjoying it as much as possible until the next game he plays when we rip into him. :p

Anyways good win for the boys, I thought we rushed our passes especially in the first half but we were more patient in the second and eventually the chances came and we took them.

Also credit to Fulham for their performance, they were still in with a chance until we got the third and they weren't afraid to have a go at us. Respect.

Well done to the likes of Reyes he looked really good for most of the game, Hleb once again also looked top notch but you can't take the glory from Cygan. Let the man have his moment. :wink:

James

Established Member
Apparently it came over the Arsenal tannoy, and i did hear this but not very well....

"Pascal Cygan, only 182 Arsenal goals behind Thierry Henry"

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Reyes is class... and i just hope people on this forum learn to be patient a bit. He will go through another bad patch.... U can't just love him when he is awesome.
Same goes to Cygan. You just can't love him for a day guys.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom