• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 23/08/05

Legend#1

Established Member
Reyes' passing is brilliant.. WHEN HE PUTS HIS MIND TO IT.. And tonight it showed.. his passing was sublime all game.. What a classy chipped through ball for Henry's 1st too.. Wonderful match by Reyes.

velimir85

All is well that ends well :D Got me scared in the beggining - missed penalty (I was never a fan of defensive players taking the pens) and a Fulham lead...well that wasn't nice...but then the machine started to work :D

Cygan - :shock: What on Earth did he eat today? :shock:

goooner

Great game we showed everyone how strong we are. Reyes played outstanding today and hope that he continue play at this level. Thierry was brilliant those two goals you don't se so often great preformances and has return his old striking preformances. Cygan what to say not so brilliant in defence but he is our new striker, really great game well done Pascal.

Tegh

Established Member
Reyes was on fire!

In the first 10minutes he played three top notch balls, and i thought Henry was going to have another stinker, but he got into the right place at the right time and grabbed two. Hopefully that will give him, and the lads a kick up the arse and a bit of confidence.

Toure's jump for Cygan's second was awesome, lol.

Lehman did well between the sticks again.

Uncharacteristically Lauren missed a penalty, he's an awesome penalty taker and one of our most under-rated or under-praised players, even though he's one of our more experienced and consistent performers. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him, but he kept his head up and kept making those surging runs down the right hand side.

Three points in the bag, wahey.

Come on you Reds!

James

Established Member
Tegh said:
Uncharacteristically Lauren missed a penalty, he's an awesome penalty taker and one of our most under-rated or under-praised players, even though he's one of our more experienced and consistent performers. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him, but he kept his head up and kept making those surging runs down the right hand side.
Definitely agree with you there mate.

The man gets ALOT of undesevered stick i feel.

sabret00the

Established Member
just back from watching the match

not as fluid as i'd like to see but you can see how much 'pace' and 'directness' bring to our game (to have a little dig at mbaki i think it was from another thread). we're improving and henry seemed to even switch on when he was unmarked, but what's sad is that it was when he was unmarked as opposed to losing his man. we're getting better, but we've got along way to go to get back to our best, but who cares when we're doing it 4-1? well to be honest i do but am too tired to go into it.

Cygan's looked great offensively but isn't better than Senderos defensively, i hope Phil can assimilate that into his game.

We're still **** in the centre of the park and Dennis still refuses to play as a striker, all i can say is, thank **** for Reyes.

kamikaze80

Established Member
pha2er said:
great moment at the end when pascal cleared the ball twice in quick succession, and the crowd cheered him both times, had a big cheesy grin and looked towards the fans. he isn't the most popular fella, but that was nice ;)
i felt so happy for him, he got to be the hero for a day and he deserved it. moments like that are why being a football fan is so great.

toure's jump on cygan's 2nd was hilarious - if he had any less spring in those legs, it wouldve been up to yaya to continue the toure family!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
scary statistic:

EPL top scorers:

1 Thierry Henry Arsenal 3
Darren Bent Charlton 3
3 Pascal Cygan Arsenal 2 :shock:
Frank Lampard Chelsea 2
Didier Drogba Chelsea 2
Mark Viduka Middlesbrough 2
Geoff Horsfield West Brom 2
Jermain Defoe Tottenham 2
Ruud van Nistelrooy Man Utd 2

Seed

Just got back from the game! There's Only one pascal cygan!!!!! Brilliant was cracking up after the his second!

hujja

Established Member
Pascal is the top second scorer at Arsenal. :shock:

I thought I'd never see the day.........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bethie

forget the 4-1 scoreline
forget the king's double goal and his creeping towards the ever nearer goal record
forget reyes sublime skills tonight

for ladies and gentleman, today will forever be remembered as pascal cygan's night. after all the sticks he had from players and fans alike (who knows, maybe even the occasional frown from the gaffer himself) he finally redeemed himself. oh hell, even if it's a one off thing, it's still a thing to remember, for us and definitely for him

go cygan!

disclaimer: this is a one off posting. might resume back to *****ing about him if he ****s up majorly again :lol:

DC Gunner

Established Member
USArsenal said:
scary statistic:

EPL top scorers:

1 Thierry Henry Arsenal 3
Darren Bent Charlton 3
3 Pascal Cygan Arsenal 2 :shock:
Frank Lampard Chelsea 2
Didier Drogba Chelsea 2
Mark Viduka Middlesbrough 2
Geoff Horsfield West Brom 2
Jermain Defoe Tottenham 2
Ruud van Nistelrooy Man Utd 2

:lol:

The highlight of Pascal's life, I think he can retire now :D

:twisted:

Seed

I must admit I've never cheered his every touch, and shouted his name so loud :D

The scoreline and Reyes' performance just made it a brilliant night!

Something I really liked: Fabregas' pass to Henry when he scored his first goal of the game. He flipped it over the defenders and put it in a great spot. Great pass, great first touch by Henry, great finish.

kenada

Something I really liked: Fabregas' pass to Henry when he scored his first goal of the game. He flipped it over the defenders and put it in a great spot. Great pass, great first touch by Henry, great finish

Wasnt that Reyes?

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom