• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 23/08/05

kiddou

samhain959 said:
Something I really liked: Fabregas' pass to Henry when he scored his first goal of the game. He flipped it over the defenders and put it in a great spot. Great pass, great first touch by Henry, great finish.

as far as I can remember it was Reyes who set up Henry for the first goal.
The second was an assist by Flamini.

The Mini

How about we retrain Pascal to be a target man, would bring in the headers certainly.

No, I am being serious.

James

Established Member
I remember when we first signed Pascal, and Wenger just used to stick him out wide for the last few minutes, for Jens to hit with the big boot.

mood

I used to call Pascal.. Zinedine Cygane among some other friends (sarcastically). Did we jinx it to our benifit?

Spike

Established Member
Wow, what a game. The highlight of it for me is the Cygan double, no doubt was it a surprise.

A good win, and confidence flowing again, I now hope to see us back at the top where we deserve to be not too soon.

MAK

Cygan scores twice. I'm really not sure what to make of that. Yesterday the Boss says that he won't drop Senderos and then he does and then PC scores twice. Someone is having a laugh alright...

James

Established Member
That's my main concern from todays game. The fact that AW not only dropped Phillipe from the side, but from the entire 16. Surely can't do his confidence the world of good.

Spike

Established Member
Chants sung at the game today that were dedicated to Cygan:

There's only one.... Pascal Cygan
One Pascal Cygan
Walking along, singing this song
Walking in the Cygan wonderland

We got Pascal Cygan
We got Pascal Cygan
We got Pascal Cygan
We got Pascal Cygan

One Pascal Cygan
There's only one Pascal Cygan
One Pascal Cygan
There's only one Pascal Cygan

Cygan! Cygan! Cygan!

And it was hilarious at the end, when the crowd were cheering his every touch, I'm sure this does his confidence good.

James

Established Member
I was in stitches watching the stream. Pascal definitely seemed to be loving every minute of it towards the end. Was a nice touch.

A

Anonymous

so was he more effective on right or left wing?

i always believed he'd be better on the right wing.

whoztheman

bergkamp was great yesterday.....maybe wenger should play him every home game....reyes, cole, hleb, henry, bergkamp, cygan were great in that order....toure and lauren did their usual stuff....gilberto needs to keep hold of the ball longer rather then get nervoues every time a player rushes towards him.....

first half we were piss poor...worse than against chelsea i thought.....players are just revving up thier engines..they were rusty till now guess.....

our title hopes remain....

Jasper

For a moment, I thought everyone on the team would receive a yellow.
5 yellows in a game has got to be a record.

I was scared Bergy might have been red carded along with the others.

The linesman's calls were ridiculous. On the halfime report the commentator even said Bergy had to do something to support and defend the team.

gunner_down_under

haha....love all the posts about Cygan.....

felt sorry for Lauren though, his 100% record with penalties is gone, but I'm sure he'll be taking it the next time henry goes down in the box....i'm hoping at least!

Reyes was brilliant the whole game.....

Hleb, is it just me or does anyone else feel that this guy could dribble through the whole team if he wanted to but he tried to play "arsenal-style" and passes it to others??.....class though!

does anyone else notice how all the commentators go on an on about how arsenal are trying to walk the ball into goal?

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom