• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga (Out-Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure signing him makes much sense for Burnley even. He's not going to play instead of Sander Berge.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not sure signing him makes much sense for Burnley even. He's not going to play instead of Sander Berge.
They may use him in a more attacking 8 type role. I doubt a Burnley '8' will play as high as ours do in the prem so that should suit him.
We tried him further forward on last season's US tour.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
What ability has he?
I thought he showed some promise as an 8 when partnered with Partey during Xhaka's layoff. At that time, I said that his biggest flaw was a lack of awareness but I thought he'd kick on after that. He could cover the ground and actually showed an eye for a pass. Him doing the running kept Partey fit for almost three months but the rest is history. I think most believe he was rubbish from the start but I saw a little something in that brief time. He's certainly done here now and I hope we can move him on.

I thought he showed some promise as an 8 when partnered with Partey during Xhaka's layoff. At that time, I said that his biggest flaw was a lack of awareness but I thought he'd kick on after that. He could cover the ground and actually showed an eye for a pass. Him doing the running kept Partey fit for almost three months but the rest is history. I think most believe he was rubbish from the start but I saw a little something in that brief time. He's certainly done here now and I hope we can move him on.

Fair enough!

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Early twenties in a new country and not playing (whilst probably not knowing why) and being down about it is a completely normal human reaction though 🤔
Fair point.
You can say the same about Vieira but he seems to not kick up a fuss.

I don't think Sambi is a bad pro btw but maybe the demands of the prem are a bit too much for him (could be the case for Fabio too?).

Not the reaction of an elite player perhaps but I don't get disliking that. Nketiah is a bit of a suck up and doesn't mind the scraps he may or may not get, everybody is different.
Or you can simply say Eddie is a good pro perhaps 🙄🤔.

it's not ur ting tho, you seem to prefer to back rebellious wasters over the manager lol.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
not playing (whilst probably not knowing why)

I mean there’s a failure of communication on multiple levels if he didn’t know why he wasn’t getting picked for regular game time.

Coz he was pretty bad man…

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I mean there’s a failure of communication on multiple levels if he didn’t know why he wasn’t getting picked for regular game time.

Coz he was pretty bad man…

He started well which seems to be totally forgotten, also I’ll let another young manager explain what I meant:

Not saying Mikel even did this, but his minutes did end abruptly even at cup level before everyone thought he was bad.

Probably mistranslation or misquoted but I do remember reports of Lokonga being surprised he didn’t play or come off the bench in certain games.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

He started well which seems to be totally forgotten, also I’ll let another young manager explain what I meant:

Not saying Mikel even did this, but his minutes did end abruptly even at cup level before everyone thought he was bad.

Probably mistranslation or misquoted but I do remember reports of Lokonga being surprised he didn’t play or come off the bench in certain games.

Yeah no my comment was genuine. As in it should have been communicated to him where/how he was falling short and needed to improve in order to get starts. If that didn’t happen then it’s a failure.

Idk if it did or didn’t. Generally I get the impression that every player gets a deep dive retrospective on every performance tho, don’t they clip up little videos and what not

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Yeah no my comment was genuine. As in it should have been communicated to him where/how he was falling short and needed to improve in order to get starts. If that didn’t happen then it’s a failure.

Idk if it did or didn’t. Generally I get the impression that every player gets a deep dive retrospective on every performance tho, don’t they clip up little videos and what not

I’ve always been critical of Mikel, but from numerous interviews even from players out of favour they do insist Arteta does try with them so I agree.

In any case I felt Sambi could have been good enough but it probably wasn’t worth risking results to get there.

Unless they are prodigious talent the club should stop making these kinds of signings going forward (like this summer they rightfully didn’t bother).

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Unless they are prodigious talent the club should stop making these kinds of signings going forward (like this summer they rightfully didn’t bother).
💯

I’m done with the gambles. It’s why I wasn’t enamoured with the havertz buy coz no matter how you dress that up it was/is a gamble.

I get why we needed it when he first came because the cream of the crop might have had second thoughts about coming but now we’re a legit top destination. Barring the absolute elite talents we shouldn’t have problems convincing anyone to come.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Early twenties in a new country and not playing (whilst probably not knowing why) and being down about it is a completely normal human reaction though 🤔

Not the reaction of an elite player perhaps but I don't get disliking that. Nketiah is a bit of a suck up and doesn't mind the scraps he may or may not get, everybody is different.

That’s why I initially had some sympathy for Nketiah especially after watching him discussing his lack of game time on the podcast below:

The above was like in April 2022 and the opinion from our fanbase is still mixed whenever he’s given a chance.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
That’s why I initially had some sympathy for Nketiah especially after watching him discussing his lack of game time on the podcast below:

The above was like in April 2022 and the opinion from our fanbase is still mixed whenever he’s given a chance.
Sure but at a top team you have to produce when you get the chance.
I'm all for giving a younger player the opportunity but you only have to see the total meltdown on here if Eddie/Sambi/Fabio etc get a chance & don't put in a top level performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom