• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This is where the situation gets weird - not every manager wants, or has the time to develop a 19 year old CB. So I have sympathy for Arteta there.

I think this is a club and structure mistake. Also been saying all season we’ll eventually sell all the kids.

Saliba will be fine, he’ll go play in France next season and get a move next summer. Maybe we’ll be fine too, we’ll sign a 23-26 year old to partner Gabriel and they both perform.
One of the most reasonable/insightful posts I've read on here tbh 🏆

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Me and @Riou trusting the process

tenor.gif

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The bigger issue is the club scouted and spent 30 million on a teenager twitch the thought of being special talent and it turns out he is not good enough to play a single minute. That reflects really really bad on the club. This is not a million pound player you took a punt on. The season he was signed we needed a CB and the club was feeding the media they didn’t want to buy for the sake of it and rather choose to spend on special talent
Yeah and the club spent more on mustafi & we had to give him away,
We spent over 70m on pepe around the same time and while he is looking better we would do well to get half that back.
Sometimes signings dont work out or the price tag is wrong.

I honestly dont know if he will make it here but starting a kid certainly at CB regularly in the Prem is pretty much a no go.
Half a poor season in this league at CB could almost ruin a young player.

Perhaps thats why we are looking at white as we know we cant do this?

I also worry that we are very close to our 'foreign' player limit and that will definitely have some bearing on squad selection & transfers this year. If some of our homegrown players are gonna leave the squad, We are gonna have to be really careful & may have to take decisions based on that rather than what we would do ideally .

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
There are people who make up lies in here to make Arteta look better. He has a cult following. The way he handled the guendouzzi situation was also very bad. Drove the players value down completely by making his stay here impossible
There are people who make up lies in here to make Arteta look bad. He has a cult hating.
Unfortunately the simple fact is douz is capable of behaving like a douche wherever he is. every club has some issue with him.
I like him but it must be said If he was a better pro without these issues he would either still be here or go for more money.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There are people who make up lies in here to make Arteta look bad. He has a cult hating.
Unfortunately the simple fact is douz is capable of behaving like a douche wherever he is. every club has some issue with him.
I like him but it must be said If he was a better pro without these issues he would either still be here or go for more money.
So you don’t think keeping it in house and protecting his value until the summer was better move? Douzinis in his early 20s. Arteta is supposed to be the mature one who can see the bigger picture

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
So you don’t think keeping it in house and protecting his value until the summer was better move? Douzinis in his early 20s. Arteta is supposed to be the mature one who can see the bigger picture
Yeah ideally but at the end of the day stuff leaks out.
We dont know the facts but I dont think Arteta went public on the matter.
If Arteta decided he didnt want his attitude around and hoped a loan would help him to grow, so be it.
As said in an earlier post, we are struggling with spaces for non homegrown players so not a good idea to keep him in a possible Özil situation.

Douzi is hardly known for his decorum.

Simple fact is he has gone to the German league, still had issues and while he seems to have done ok not exactly set the World alight with his on field performances.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Honestly, if Arteta and Edu allow this to happen, then we don’t need to wait until December to see if they are up for this job.

Selling Saliba without playing him would be incompetence, and they should be dismissed for that immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom