• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta, Edu and whoever was responsible for not loaning him last summer have handled the Saliba situation horrifically.

There is literally no scope for debate there in my opinion. We have let him get to two years on his deal which the club explicitly said we would sell or renew players at. We are giving ourselves an issue we can already foresee a year down the line. It will be renew (which he may not want to do if Arteta is still here- or even if he’s gone if we don’t make big promises), or sell (will be forced to take what we get to an extent- I see him doing well on loan and us still making a loss in this situation).

There is still hope of course, but this has been poor player management.
Wasn't the issue that the player waited for Rennes? And they held him by the nose? Hence, why he refused to entertain them this season.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
FOR SURE!

WE NEED ANSWERS

Which Press Conference Interviewer has the GUTS to ask this question? This transfer is now so bizaare.
30 million bizaare. He needs to be called out on his BS. Let's see how he'll shift the blame to Saliba stating that he wanted to give him a chance in preseason, but Saliba insisted on Marseille BS..

Reminds me of when we signed Park Chu Young, and all of sudden never saw him play after he score a nice goal in league cup. Well atleast he did play in the league cup.
None. All of last season the journalists asked rubbish questions.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why are you shifting the goal posts? You said he never had a full season on loan, which is just not true. It's not his fault he picked up an injury that limited his game time.

He didn't have a full season was my point, me saying on loan might've triggered something in you that didn't sound right. But I meant game time wise as I've been saying for a long time now.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He didn't have a full season was my point, me saying on loan might've triggered something in you that didn't sound right. But I meant game time wise as I've been saying for a long time now.

Neither has Emile Smith Rowe. Sure, let's loan him out. Neither has Martinelli, sure let's loan him out. Neither has Wilock, sure let's loan him out.

FFS man - stop moving the goal posts. At 20 years old, you don't need to have a full season. We're simply asking him to be part of the squad and play 20 matches.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm not triggered, but using not having a full season as a stick to beat him with isn't fair because the club were the ones who messed up his chances of having a full season loan last October.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Neither has Emile Smith Rowe. Sure, let's loan him out. Neither has Martinelli, sure let's loan him out. Neither has Wilock, sure let's loan him out.

FFS man - stop moving the goal posts. At 20 years old, you don't need to have a full season. We're simply asking him to be part of the squad and play 20 matches.

We are talking about a CB, a position you don't often rotate. The kid needs a full season OF GAME TIME on loan its that simple. There's no point in him being here on the bench 24/7.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We are talking about a CB, a position you don't often rotate. The kid needs a full season OF GAME TIME on loan its that simple. There's no point in him being here on the bench 24/7.
It's not that simple. A good manager would blend him into the lineup, give him Cup matches to build his confidence and evaluate him in training to give him PL Minutes. That's what should have been done last season.

Now, every year, it's gonna be a new excuse.

Best thing for Saliba will be prove Arteta and Edu a Muppet of the highest order by earning a spot in the French National Team for the World Cup.

At that point, Barcelona or Real Madrid will come in for him and we'll be forced to sell thinking we've made good financial business.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's not that simple. A good manager would blend him into the lineup, give him Cup matches to build his confidence and evaluate him in training to give him PL Minutes. That's what should have been done last season.

Now, every year, it's gonna be a new execuses.

Best thing for Saliba will be prove Arteta and Edu a Muppet of the highest order by earning a spot int eh French National Team for the World Cup.

Yawn.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom