• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I'm fighting the good fight for my boy Fabio Vieira to take down the ghastly Havertz. It's a Twink off but what can you do?

The classic athlete vs technician battle.

I don’t fancy going against the manager though, cause he always comes up on top. Even if Fabio outdoes him, who’s to say he doesn’t bin the pair of them it’s kinda rigged.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

In hindsight we could've/should've sold him in 2021 after he had a great second half to the season. We'd have struggled to get over half the money back on him but what ensued after was him never been given a chance and it's been clear for 2 years Arteta has had no use for him.

This has absolutely destroyed his value. Prior to that didn't help either, he struggled initially, had bits of good form in that FA Cup run. Then couldn't get a game over Willian. It's no surprise it's come to this.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's a recurring theme, we either decide to treat them like lepers ala Özil/Auba and make it clear to everyone we want rid no matter the cost or we keep players around even though we've no real plans to use them, keeping them as a last resort sort of thing. Again someone like Holding could've went for a bit of money after that 2020 run, but we decided he was dependable enough to keep up as backup for three years.

I look at maybe someone like ESR now and we have think pretty carefully about his future here. He's just after having a season of barely playing, obviously that was injury/fitness, but if he has another season of simply not playing regardless of reason it's gonna lessen his value significantly.

Xhaka and Balogun are ones we've got right in fairness, let's hope this is a sign the club is learning.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's official. We terminated his deal. Pepe leaves Arsenal for Turkish side Trabzonspor

Arsenal's former club record signing Nicolas Pepe has joined Turkish side Trabzonspor on a free transfer, ending a disappointing three-year spell at Emirates Stadium.

The Gunners paid £72m to sign the Ivory Coast winger from Lille in 2019.
Pepe scored 27 goals in 112 games for Arsenal and spent last season on loan with French side Nice.

The 28-year-old was not involved in any of the club's matchday squads this season.

Pepe had one year left on his Arsenal contract and had been their record signing until the £100m arrival of West Ham midfielder Declan Rice this summer.

Trabzonspor are seventh in the Turkish Super Lig and in a video posted on the club's Twitter account, Pepe said: "I came here to become a champion and achieve success."

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can’t believe this is the best our club can do for this lad. Cancel his contract a year early and give him to Trabzonspor for nothing. He was fantastic in our last cup final. WTF. Arteta has washed him and rung him out ffs.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Bye Nico! You seem a lovely albeit very shy bloke. Wish you all the future success. Spread that wingspan and get all the wine.

Thank you for the goal against United
Thank you for the stunner against Brighton and West Ham
Thank you for the two free kicks against that Portuguese side
Thank you for good performances in the FA cup finals
Thank you for the assist to Lacas third goal in the thrilling 3-3 against West Ham

Can’t believe this is the best our club can do for this lad. Cancel his contract a year early and give him to Trabzonspor for nothing. He was fantastic in our last cup final. WTF. Arteta has washed him and rung him out ffs.

If Pepe had convinced at all at Nice last season he would be more of a sellable asset, can’t pin it all on Mikel

Sparrahork

Sad times that he could neither be reintegrated and coached into adding a defensive side of his game, or we couldn't have gone about his departure in a more dignified way and perhaps got a fee as a result.

I think that pretty much only leaves runarsson and Cedric as the deadwood here now. Runarsson on negligible wages so a punt gone wrong. Cedric was clearly a favour to Kia and he won't be missed when his contract expires. That will be an end to an uncomfortable era in our transfer history.

Once Cedric is gone I think we have reached man city levels of deadwood, i.e. even those not featuring remain highly rated and there will be interest form other clubs.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
NGL not happy we couldn't get a fee but I guess you can say at least he is off the books. He was gonna play no part this season.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Facts are that No big European league club showed any serious interest in the normal transfer period.
Thought at least a French club may have took a chance as that's where he made his name but it simply didn't happen.

Get to Sept & options are a lot more limited.
He refused Saudi so any chance of a fee from them was gone.

So he is off to Turkey.

Apparently saved a 10th of his transfer fee in wages £7.2m

Good luck Nico hope it goes well 🤞

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Honestly of all the useless see you next Tuesdays we have had the misfortune to witness working at this club Edu may be the worst.
The Ali Dia of technical directors, how did he get this job?
He couldn’t sell a black cat to a witch.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Honestly of all the useless see you next Tuesdays we have had the misfortune to witness working at this club Edu may be the worst.
The Ali Dia of technical directors, how did he get this job?
He couldn’t sell a black cat to a witch.

Incomings are surely more important than selling, no? Especially when it comes to players that aren’t that attractive for buyers from the first place

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Damn, its been obvious for a while now but that is how you bin 72mil.

Madness, you spend all that time building up the 'war chest' and then waste it.

Luckily the club doesnt seem to bothered financiallly by it but this is one of those that could have set a club back quite far in progression.

This club loves a wasteman though, goes from Özil -> Pepe -> Havertz.

100% we'll load up with the next wasteman whilst Havertz is still on the books.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If Pepe had convinced at all at Nice last season he would be more of a sellable asset, can’t pin it all on Mikel
He was injured, was decent for the rest but definitely not like he was with us. Was done with football after 2021 when Arteta fooled him with Willian and benched him for no reason. We'll see if he does the same with Havertz who was way worse in the PL than Pepe

Yeah, this one can definitely be pinned on Arteta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom