• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Glad he's gone and hopefully people stop acting like it's their money.

Hopefully one day people realise overpayment happens (see havertz) and that he wasn't some elaborate scam as he really was supposed to be part of a spectacular transfer window for us (alongside popular players like Martinelli, Saliba and Tierney thank you based Raul).

The moaning he got made me sad, but the rare moments he did provide had me jumping out my seat. Will still check for him here and there.

His goal vs West Ham when we were literally in the trenches under Freddie is a highlight for me. Scored a similar one post pandemic vs Brighton too. It was rare but as you said there was times where he'd get you out of your seat.

Game Over

People here criticize Bruno despite his end product and don't rate him highly as Ødegaard or kdb(and I agree with that as well). Just G+A number is not everything. So based on that graphic are you going to say pepe has played better for us than the rest in that list?

Is he on par with Overmars, Saka or Özil? Obviously not.

Is he a capable back-up to Saka? Yes.
Is he better than Nelson? In my opinion, yes.

Would have been handy as a rotation/rest option for Saka last season who ran on fumes the final 10 games.

Didn’t deserve to be ostracised and banished from the team. And is certainly worth a lot more than the 2.5m we reduced him to.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
People here criticize Bruno despite his end product and don't rate him highly as Ødegaard or kdb(and I agree with that as well). Just G+A number is not everything. So based on that graphic are you going to say pepe has played better for us than the rest in that list?
It’s different for a midfielder and an attacker. Bruno’s sloppy play doesn’t allow United to sustain attacks, you can’t have sub 60% passing as the creative fulcrum of your team. Pepe’s end product was decent considering he rarely, if ever. played in the inside forward role that earned him a move in the first place.

Nobody has said that Pepe was better than anyone in that list, it just provides a bit of perspective on the “worst signing in the club’s history” narrative.

It’s different for a midfielder and an attacker. Bruno’s sloppy play doesn’t allow United to sustain attacks, you can’t have sub 60% passing as the creative fulcrum of your team. Pepe’s end product was decent considering he rarely, if ever. played in the inside forward role that earned him a move in the first place.

Nobody has said that Pepe was better than anyone in that list, it just provides a bit of perspective on the “worst signing in the club’s history” narrative.

Common man, it was awful signing, no matter how you rate his quality or not. We spent 72 million on him and all the managers he played under hated him. He is now gone for massive loss. Terrible signing if not worst signing in club history.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Common man, it was awful signing, no matter how you rate his quality or not. We spent 72 million on him and all the managers he played under hated him. He is now gone for massive loss. Terrible signing if not worst signing in club history.
If it’s cold and I buy a jacket that’s too thin, it doesn’t make it a bad product. It’s just not the right jacket for my needs.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
If it’s cold and I buy a jacket that’s too thin, it doesn’t make it a bad product. It’s just not the right jacket for my needs.
Uhhh that's the perfect example of an awful purchase.. :lol:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

I never said he's the worst signing in the clubs history. With respect to the money paid, maybe. But that's not his fault. Definitely nowhere near the worst signing as far as player quality is concerned.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I may not use the jacket in the dead of winter, but in early spring it might come in handy. 🕊️
You're still out of a jacket when you needed one..

the-dude-lebowski.gif

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Is he on par with Overmars, Saka or Özil? Obviously not.

Is he a capable back-up to Saka? Yes.
Is he better than Nelson? In my opinion, yes.

Would have been handy as a rotation/rest option for Saka last season who ran on fumes the final 10 games.

Didn’t deserve to be ostracised and banished from the team. And is certainly worth a lot more than the 2.5m we reduced him to.
Is he better than Nelson in general? Maybe yes
Is he better than Nelson for the way we want to play? Looks like no.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

His goal vs West Ham when we were literally in the trenches under Freddie is a highlight for me. Scored a similar one post pandemic vs Brighton too. It was rare but as you said there was times where he'd get you out of your seat.
Antony scores similar goals now and then as well (and overall much less output than pepe) but again that's not enough

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Good bye Pepe, all the best to you!

I'd like to remind everyone that Pepe was chosen because of FFP restrictions and paid in multiple instalments. Only 20 million pounds upfront.

It was a risky transfer, but Arsenal was an UEL club at the point. So had to try something, and Zaha wasn't possible to get in a deal like this or for this sum.

"Allegedly, the Gunners will only have to splash out £20m this summer with the £52m expected to be divided in instalments and paid over five years."

Still paying his transfer instalments and let him go on a free. Lovely stuff.

All Im saying Pepe is not worst player in Arsenal history but this signing did not only turn out bad given player managers chemistry but we also made what is record loss on the player. A contender for a worst signing in the history of the club imo.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
All Im saying Pepe is not worst player in Arsenal history but this signing did not only turn out bad given player managers chemistry but we also made what is record loss on the player. A contender for a worst signing in the history of the club imo.
The only people who benefited from this deal were Jorge Mendes and Raul. Not Arsenal, Unai Emery and especially not Pepe. It’s no lt his fault tho imo.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I take back my catharsis comment.

Felt like it was going that way, then it went all aggy again. AM just can’t do peace 💆‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom