• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Glad he's gone and hopefully people stop acting like it's their money.

Hopefully one day people realise overpayment happens (see havertz) and that he wasn't some elaborate scam as he really was supposed to be part of a spectacular transfer window for us (alongside popular players like Martinelli, Saliba and Tierney thank you based Raul).

The moaning he got made me sad, but the rare moments he did provide had me jumping out my seat. Will still check for him here and there.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Striking how high Saka and Ødegaard are on that list, considering how much they also contribute outside of just surface level stats.

Think Pepe is a decently talented player but I'm not sure he's got the mentality to make it at the highest level. It's just speculation of course, but he appears very timid and that's also what we've heard from various journos etc.

Really is fine margins that determine your career as a footballer. Think everyone would agree Pepe is easily good enough both technically and physically to be a PL footballer - he's arguably better than someone like Jarrod Bowen in the "objective" metrics - yet he's now off to Turkey while Bowen is knocking on the doors of the England squad.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Really is fine margins that determine your career as a footballer. Think everyone would agree Pepe is easily good enough both technically and physically to be a PL footballer - he's arguably better than someone like Jarrod Bowen in the "objective" metrics - yet he's now off to Turkey while Bowen is knocking on the doors of the England squad.

It really comes down to what your manager wants from you, as there are all sorts of shy/introverted personalities at the pinnacle of football. Just like irl jobs, your manager makes or breaks you.

There are some top players in the game you'd be shocked when you find out when their last interview was (Aguero famously never did any nor bothered to learn English).

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It really comes down to what your manager wants from you, as there are all sorts of shy/introverted personalities at the pinnacle of football. Just like irl jobs, your manager makes or breaks you.

There are some top players in the game you'd be shocked when you find out when their last interview was (Aguero famously never did any nor bothered to learn English).

I think he was also very timid on the pitch though. If you gave Pepe the drive of someone like Jesus to endlessly press as an example, I'd bet a lot of money on him staying at the top level. Maybe not under Arteta, for the reasons you mentioned, but other PL clubs would definitely be in for him. If you described Pepe's technical abilities on the pitch to someone like Moyes, the man would probably get his first erection in a decade :lol:

Arteta does clearly put a massive emphasis on wearing your emotions on your sleeve. Understandable given the group psychology aspect of it, but it definitely cuts out some personality types.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
48 goals/assists in 112 games. Thats perfectly fine. But since Arteta hate him the Tetasexuals must hate him aswell. He and Auba gave Teta his only title but lets not talk much about that.

Or maybe, just maybe, Nico could have applied himself a bit more

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Nobody hates him. It's more about people trying to pin everything on Arteta. Despite the player himself not blaming arteta (in fact even supporting him even in his recent interview couple of months back) despite getting multiple opportunities to do so. He had nothing to lose to talk about arteta as anyway he wasn't going to play for us again.

Usual haters coming up with conspiracy theories of their own to spin it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Good bye Pepe, all the best to you!

I'd like to remind everyone that Pepe was chosen because of FFP restrictions and paid in multiple instalments. Only 20 million pounds upfront.

It was a risky transfer, but Arsenal was an UEL club at the point. So had to try something, and Zaha wasn't possible to get in a deal like this or for this sum.

"Allegedly, the Gunners will only have to splash out £20m this summer with the £52m expected to be divided in instalments and paid over five years."

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
In the end it just wasn't a very happy marriage for lots of reasons. I don't think the player is wholly to blame, in the same way the management aren't either.

It was an exciting transfer & player at the time but for various reasons it never properly clicked for him & the club. It happens all the time in football. We just have to suck it up & move on, as Nico is now.

So.....what we do do about Cedric ? 😂

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Striking how high Saka and Ødegaard are on that list, considering how much they also contribute outside of just surface level stats.

Think Pepe is a decently talented player but I'm not sure he's got the mentality to make it at the highest level. It's just speculation of course, but he appears very timid and that's also what we've heard from various journos etc.

Then again Pepe playing Moyesball would be way more comfortable with the space to run in behind than he would be with Artetaball where he's dropped for missplacing a pass. Pepe could have got away with having a few bad games without getting as much criticism if he was playing mid table but then have a 7-8 goal spurt in 10 games that would make him a hero. But instead he's pushed out of the team after his first full Arsenal season and is losing confidence and form as a result

Wenger would of got way more out of Pepe than Arteta did. Arteta got Arsenal to pass to Pepe's feet when he should of been demanding they gave him balls to run onto like Wenger would have done. I'm behind Arteta now, but the Pepe treatment made me want him out before.

Game Over

Was never as bad as made out and don’t think he got a fair crack under Arteta.

The price tag and Raul’s dodgy deal was used to beat him with too often unfairly. If you want an example of expensive flops, look at United’s right wing - they’re collecting them. You don’t see it mentioned enough though.

Good luck to Nico, he seems a good guy and hope he can rebuild his reputation again.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Then again Pepe playing Moyesball would be way more comfortable with the space to run in behind than he would be with Artetaball where he's dropped for missplacing a pass. Pepe could have got away with having a few bad games without getting as much criticism if he was playing mid table but then have a 7-8 goal spurt in 10 games that would make him a hero. But instead he's pushed out of the team after his first full Arsenal season and is losing confidence and form as a result

Wenger would of got way more out of Pepe than Arteta did. Arteta got Arsenal to pass to Pepe's feet when he should of been demanding they gave him balls to run onto like Wenger would have done. I'm behind Arteta now, but the Pepe treatment made me want him out before.
So we should adjust the way we play for 1 player? Martinelli seems like a player who will thrive with space as well. But is he struggling with balls played into his feet now? Most teams are going to park the bus vs us. There aren't going to be many chances to give a player balls to run on to. Wenger also wouldn't have done this. That's just an easy assumption to make. Player has to adapt to the system. System doesn't have to adjust to the player unless the player is Messi, Ronaldo, mbappe, haaland, Neymar levels which Pepe is definitely not.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

People here criticize Bruno despite his end product and don't rate him highly as Ødegaard or kdb(and I agree with that as well). Just G+A number is not everything. So based on that graphic are you going to say pepe has played better for us than the rest in that list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom