• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

GoonerJay24

Who says he's a 10? Looks to me to be a hybrid inverted winger/controller 8 and is now banging in the goals as well, very useful player to have in your squad.

Saka is clear of him at RWF but Foden is a top quality player for other reasons

8, 10, whatever; the main central player behind the striker. Lacks passing range to be their main man and he's nothing like a controller. Always struggled under that responsibility.

Another overrated player imo especially when compared to the best past and present attacking midfielders. Doesn't have that same aesthetic effortless style or touch.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
8, 10, whatever; the main central player behind the striker. Lacks passing range to be their main man and he's nothing like a controller. Always struggled under that responsibility.

Another overrated player imo especially when compared to the best past and present attacking midfielders. Doesn't have that same aesthetic effortless style or touch.

The 10 is the main player behind the striker and that isn't what Foden is. He absolutely is a controller 8 (at least partly), has very good first touch, passing tempo is good, is always available to receive a pass, good shot, scores a lot of goals, many other qualities as well.

He's not very creative and its not his game, that's what guys like Silva and KDB do for City.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Rice gets player of the season ahead of Ødegaard I think I will be done with this club. It would be the biggest insult
I think that would be pretty natural. The narrative around Rice would overcome any footballing argument.

In any case, does it really matter? When Henry didn't get Ballon d'Or, I was done with these subjective popularity contests.

What matters is that we win something this year.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think that would be pretty natural. The narrative around Rice would overcome any footballing argument.

In any case, does it really matter? When Henry didn't get Ballon d'Or, I was done with these subjective popularity contests.

What matters is that we win something this year.
The narrative is an insult to our captain because the media campaign behind Rice is crazy. He is a top class DM. But his overall contribution to our play is not on Ødegaard level who dictates and connect the team together. It will also lead to the next campaign which is to take the armband from Ødegaard for rice

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The narrative is an insult to our captain because the media campaign behind Rice is crazy. He is a top class DM. But his overall contribution to our play is not on Ødegaard level who dictates and connect the team together. It will also lead to the next campaign which is to take the armband from Ødegaard for rice
I think this is what you can expect. In terms of the captaincy, that lies with Arteta. He moves for no man, and certainly not for journalists.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
As it stands Gabriel should be our player of the season anyway.

Ødegaard is great, but he does at times have a tendency to go missing in big games at times.

GoonerJay24

100% agree, but this media will always hype these poor English players. Even Bellingham is a little overrated just because he's scoring goals; but in terms of overrall ability, there's nothing special for me.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I currently have it
1. Rice
2. Gabriel
3. Saliba
4. White
5. Ødegaard (I had him as our t player of the season last season).
6. Saka

This can obviously change based on performances from now untill the end of season.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
100% agree, but this media will always hype these poor English players. Even Bellingham is a little overrated just because he's scoring goals; but in terms of overrall ability, there's nothing special for me.

not like this GIF

fute

If Rice gets player of the season ahead of Ødegaard I think I will be done with this club. It would be the biggest insult

If anything, it should go to Big Gabby. It won't, but he has been our MVP thus far.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard is great, but he does at times have a tendency to go missing in big games at times.
I do think a large part of that is due to clubs knowing that if you shut him down, you shut down a lot of our creativity. In the big games, you will typically go up against top quality managers and teams with top quality players, and they will make sure to try to shut him down.

In many ways, we need some alternatives in those scenarios.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think you can put forward a really strong case for that. That being said, what does these awards really matter? At the end of the day, you need silverware in the cupboard, or you'll just be another Sp**s.

Buhry

Established Member

Quality performance again today, calm in possession, set up Jorgi really nicely for the 2nd goal, and never stops running withh intensity. His engine is just insane! He's having a great year in 2024 so far.
Crazy watching him sprint at full intensity in the 80th minute and then you look at man united were players are literally just jogging near the opposition. His effort and attitude is incredible. Maybe he is not the stereotypical hardman captain type but he leads by example with his effort and profesionalism.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom