• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Most French clubs are skint so it will be difficult to sell him to one of them unless there’s a player we want and can do some kind of swap. But yeah, he won’t be here for long if we’re spending £50m on a new defender.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
its mad that he was handed the #4 shirt less than a year ago under Arteta :facepalm:

william-saliba-arsenal-composite.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
in one hand i can understand Arteta not trusting Saliba to be starter yet it'll be brutal to throw 19 years CB to start in league he never played in in other hand it's just unfair to see guys like Mari and Holding get minutes and him not so it's difficult Arteta is strict and stubborn so i can see us selling if good 30M comes or worst case loan him to PL club.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Very very upset for the lad if thats true. Can't really blame Arteta as he didn't sign him, if he doesn't rate him then he doesn't rate him. I can't say I was that impressed with him in our U23 games, very rash and a hell of a lot to learn.

Another abysmal Raul signing.
loool you said we were gonna get 20 million for him and no way he would go out on loan lol. As I said why the hell would you if you were saliba commit to a transfer. Go out on loan and take your time

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Holding is gonna be here longer than Saliba ffs. I think guys like Holding, Elneny, Xhaka and Bellerin are the worst type of squad players to have around. Why? Because they're personality outweigh their quality and it means they can survive squad cullings. They're not as bad or as toxic as a Guendouzi or a Soktratis but they do not push us any closer to where we need to be. If Arsenal were serious about moving forward we wouldn't have offered Holding a new contract but here we are. we're losing Saliba for peanuts for the nice boy Rob Holding.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Check this out:

Once again: You have no right to say a word about Saliba and his abilities.

8gY0.gif

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
something is clear i want is we sort this out this summer we really can't go into same BS every summer maybe a new manager will have different ideas if Arteta didn't make it but i don't think Saliba will have to wait much longer he'll want stability with one team so he can focus in his development.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

in one hand i can understand Arteta not trusting Saliba to be starter yet it'll be brutal to throw 19 years CB to start in league he never played in in other hand it's just unfair to see guys like Mari and Holding get minutes and him not so it's difficult Arteta is strict and stubborn so i can see us selling if good 30M comes or worst case loan him to PL club.
Sliba is 20 and no player is born with PL experience. Everyone has to start sometime and start as a rookie. 3 years from now if he plays his first PL game he will still enter the pitch with zero PL experience. you spend 30 million on him. You slowly introduce him to the first team. I said when he was loaned out to Nice the club has written him off. You dont send the player you brought in back to his homeland when he needs to adapt to english football. They could loan him to Championship team and get used to English football. The club will loan him out now and its clear he has no future here whatsoever

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Has anyone thought how Saliba's English skills have affected his situation?

I remember a video of him where he couldn't form sentences at all basically.

How can a rookie CB play when he can't communicate at all with anyone but attackers?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Holding is gonna be here longer than Saliba ffs. I think guys like Holding, Elneny, Xhaka and Bellerin are the worst type of squad players to have around. Why? Because they're personality outweigh their quality and it means they can survive squad cullings. They're not as bad or as toxic as a Guendouzi or a Soktratis but they do not push us any closer to where we need to be. If Arsenal were serious about moving forward we wouldn't have offered Holding a new contract but here we are. we're losing Saliba for peanuts for the nice boy Rob Holding.

Tbh Sok didn't even have a bad attitude from what I remember, Arteta just decided he wasn't useful in the slightest (I mean sure he's not a great passer but to essentially kill his career at Arsenal is a tiny bit OTT).

Anyway tbh I didn't really care about Sok, and your point is on the money.

Wenger made a few bizarre choices but god you'd never expect the sh!t we've seen with Arteta, defies belief.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006

How can a rookie CB play when he can't communicate at all with anyone but attackers?

And we decided to make his english better by sending him back to France.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I rate Ben White but the irony here is that he's had less top flight games than Saliba. That is if that's even the reason Arteta doesn't trust Saliba. I personally think it's his friendship with Guendouzi that's cost him here. Time will tell.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Won't assume Gabriel's level of french, but Luiz played there for a good while. Not the only player in the squad that doesn't speak much English.

He's also 19 and still young enough to quickly learn it being in and around people who speak the language 24/7.

This is just Arteta not rating him and not managing him properly. Something happened and the manager just doesn't trust him. This is not an ability problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom