• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Selling Saliba for 15-20m and then signing Ben White for 40m+ is poor planning from the club.

What’s the purpose of Edu’s role? Is he just here for the vibes? As we’re just signing players that the manager thinks will fit his system which is dangerous.

What happens if Arteta gets sacked in November and the new manager isn’t keen on Ben White as he doesn’t fit his system?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I don't mind getting another CB in but if it's at the expense of Saliba then it's an absolute no. You rid yourself of the likes of Mari rather than taking a hit on Saliba. If he does end up leaving you could probably say the writing was on the wall for him with the Gabriel signing last summer.

Alexs

Saliba becoming a great is in no way a guarantee. We’ve have plenty of players that fans were hot on only to turn.

Xhaka, Mustafi, Gabriel to name a few recent ones, fans were all hot for. Now? Not so much.
Don't remember ever being that hot for those guys but that's not the point.

Any greatness Saliba might display is likely to be elsewhere. That is very poor man and financial management.

If a proven, experienced manager and technical director were behaving this way many fans might still be annoyed. But Arteta/Edu?!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Only way you can justify it is if he actually is a dud and they just got it really wrong with the transfer.. If he is a top prospect and goes on to prove it, it would suck to lose him for a manager who's unlikely to be here in 6 months time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
L'Equipe have done a few exclusive interviews with Saliba so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a line to him or his representatives.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Selling Saliba for 15-20m and then signing Ben White for 40m+ is poor planning from the club.

What’s the purpose of Edu’s role? Is he just here for the vibes? As we’re just signing players that the manager thinks will fit his system which is dangerous.

What happens if Arteta gets sacked in November and the new manager isn’t keen on Ben White as he doesn’t fit his system?
It's perplexing I have watched Saliba in ligue 1 and he is quality. Every french based blogger/media person will tell u the same thing - never heard a contrary opinion. Heard a funny comment on a podcast that maybe arteta is worried that he may be filmed in a video similar to a particular french team mate of his.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
It's perplexing I have watched Saliba in ligue 1 and he is quality. Every french based blogger/media person will tell u the same thing - never heard a contrary opinion. Heard a funny comment on a podcast that maybe arteta is worried that he may be filmed in a video similar to a particular french team mate of his.

Shaking the banana?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It wouldnt surprise me at all.
If we sell and get 30m back i don't mind it if the manager don't want him or rate him there no point keeping. Dissapointing of course but at least we'll get back what we paid. I'm still sure he'll be here in preseason.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
If we sell and get 30m back i don't mind it if the manager don't want him or rate him there no point keeping. Dissapointing of course but at least we'll get back what we paid. I'm still sure he'll be here in preseason.

There is something in this kid and if we lose him without a single competitive performance its a shame. There is no way around it. When he win ballon'dor after a successful season with Real Madrid you will agree with this.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cant stress how damaging this would be for a club. Signing a big prospect for a lot of money, messing them around, loaning them out then ultimately not giving them a chance in the first team. It would kill our reputation with talents around Europe.
Heard this then we brought in Ødegaard. And are being linked to lots of other exciting players. Over stated the impact of one player on other players. Money talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom