• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Broken record, but shocking shocking man management here and a situation where Beavis and Butthead have been allowed to destroy a player's value.

The mention that he was signed by the previous regime is bizarre by the way. So what? That doesn't absolve these people of their responsibility to effectively manage our players and resources.

The inference that 'Don Raul' overpaid makes sense for about as long as it takes to realise Fofana was the same price. Haven't seen that price questioned. What's the main difference? Their management.

Now.. we've got a guy going on loan again to develop who has a broken relationship with our coach. When he comes back he will be into the final two years of his deal.

If he has an excellent season he will be in the total driving street with his contract. He will be able to run his contract down and pick his move on a cut price move. Or name his price on an extension.

If he has a poor or even mediocre season, it's likely we will look to shift him on a cut price deal.

The antidote will be extending his deal. But it's not in his best interests, and with no relationship with the club, I don't see it happening.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Broken record, but shocking shocking man management here and a situation where Beavis and Butthead have been allowed to destroy a player's value.

The mention that he was signed by the previous regime is bizarre by the way. So what? That doesn't absolve these people of their responsibility to effectively manage our players and resources.

The inference that 'Don Raul' overpaid makes sense for about as long as it takes to realise Fofana was the same price. Haven't seen that price questioned. What's the main difference? Their management.

Now.. we've got a guy going on loan again to develop who has a broken relationship with our coach. When he comes back he will be into the final two years of his deal.

If he has an excellent season he will be in the total driving street with his contract. He will be able to run his contract down and pick his move on a cut price move. Or name his price on an extension.

If he has a poor or even mediocre season, it's likely we will look to shift him on a cut price deal.

The antidote will be extending his deal. But it's not in his best interests, and with no relationship with the club, I don't see it happening.

I'm sorry but you've completely messed this up. You say that with two years left he will be in the driving seat and be able to run his contract down?! What kind of nonsense is that. Why would he run his contract down for two years?!

If he were to do that then that's on the player, if he's stupid enough to run his contract down for the final two years then fair play. But he won't do that, he will either be sold or he will sign a new contract.

GunnerShy

I'm sorry but you've completely messed this up. You say that with two years left he will be in the driving seat and be able to run his contract down?! What kind of nonsense is that. Why would he run his contract down for two years?!

If he were to do that then that's on the player, if he's stupid enough to run his contract down for the final two years then fair play. But he won't do that, he will either be sold or he will sign a new contract.
Why would he run his contract down? Because 12 months later he's got a year to run and we will have to sell for next to nothing. That means the pick of clubs and better personal terms.

What you're articulating is the same situation though isn't it? Coming back in 12 months time and he either re-signs (unless Arteta has been sacked by then why would he? They have a terrible relationship and Arteta has been dishonest in his treatment of him) or the club is forced to sell. Same story, sold for cheap.

That is why this is a shocking situation. If he had a good relationship with Edu and Arteta that wouldn't be the case. But we know that's not the case, from his comments in interviews and social media.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why would he run his contract down? Because 12 months later he's got a year to run and we will have to sell for next to nothing. That means the pick of clubs and better personal terms.

What you're articulating is the same situation though isn't it? Coming back in 12 months time and he either re-signs (unless Arteta has been sacked by then why would he? They have a terrible relationship and Arteta has been dishonest in his treatment of him) or the club is forced to sell. Same story, sold for cheap.

That is why this is a shocking situation. If he had a good relationship with Edu and Arteta that wouldn't be the case. But we know that's not the case, from his comments in interviews and social media.

How do you know he will be sold for cheap in that situation? Everything depends on this loan to Marseille. It will be his first ever full season at a club. There's time for him, he plays LCB he was never going to get a full season of good playing time here without a full season on loan first.

I'm so relaxed about this, people like yourself are entitled to their opinions but also make it out like this situation is make or break for the club. Like it's something that will define Arsenal's history. Urm no. It's a young CB, who may or may not be good enough, really that simple.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
FFS Saliba is right footed. Broaden your mind, foo'

Hes been playing LCB for his entire career thus far and you suddenly expect Arteta to slot him in as the starting CB on the right side next to a new right back as well?

SMH.

I think the plan is to integrate White this season and then Saliba will get his chance next to White and fight for the place with Gabriel.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
A manager needs to place the team's needs above his ego. Spending £50,000,000 on White without giving Saliba a chance doesn't sit right with me.
So he is trying to sign White and loan out Saliba because of his ego?!? You can disagree on his decisions, which I do to some extent, but I think you are wrong here.

DasBootist

Hes been playing LCB for his entire career thus far and you suddenly expect Arteta to slot him in as the starting CB on the right side next to a new right back as well?

SMH.

I think the plan is to integrate White this season and then Saliba will get his chance next to White and fight for the place with Gabriel.
As the guy is naturally right footed, him playing on the left side of central defence implies that he is adept at playing on his weaker side. Why am I explaining such a basic concept to you, are you not very intelligent?

Did you just Google the guy's stats instead of using cognitive reasoning?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
As the guy is naturally right footed, him playing on the left side of central defence implies that he is adept at playing on his weaker side. Why am I explaining such a basic concept to you, are you not very intelligent?

Did you just Google the guy's stats instead of using cognitive reasoning?

You've just completely sidestepped the point I made to you?

Tell me why Arteta should play him at RCB, for the first time in his career, in the most difficult league in the world next to a new right back. This boils down to game time, quite simple.

No need to throw insults around either, I'm sure as you are a very intellectual person perceiving someone isn't very intellectual, therefore you'll be able to have a conversation and answer questions without questioning my intellect.

People like you are just something else.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
When he comes back he will be into the final two years of his deal.

Yeah this is it. There is absolutely no reason for him to extend next year before knowing if he'll get a chance to play here or not. Then the season after that he'll have 1 year left and any agent worth his salt will advise him to run the contract down.

Hard to say the club has faith in him when he's being shipped out before they even had a look at him in preseason and with the Gabriel injury there might have been an opening for him to stake his claim, but he's not even being considered.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
On a positive note, if we are really successful after a big window and season he might just want to join an exciting new project or leave and it doesnt hurt as much.

In the other case, if Arteta and the team is **** again, another coach is probably to arrive and might love him and he'd be inclined to go again.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He will never play for Arteta.

Best case scenario we have a successful season and forget about Saliba.

Worse case scenario... Well you already know.

DasBootist

You've just completely sidestepped the point I made to you?

Tell me why Arteta should play him at RCB, for the first time in his career, in the most difficult league in the world next to a new right back. This boils down to game time, quite simple.

No need to throw insults around either, I'm sure as you are a very intellectual person perceiving someone isn't very intellectual, therefore you'll be able to have a conversation and answer questions without questioning my intellect.

People like you are just something else.
Saliba is a central defender. Playing on the right side of central defence would suit a right-footed player more than if he were positioned on the left side of central defence. The new right-back doesn't factor into the argument as he (William Saliba) has yet to play a competitive game for Arsenal.

Your matter of fact style of posting in spite of your lack of understanding of football is what irks me, not your (perceived) lack of intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom