• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Thats were you are 100000000% wrong. The club doesn't have to think in long term. It has to think today. We cannot stay 7th/8th/10th for another 3 or 4 years.

There is no point spending 30m on a player who may be given a chance in 2 years. We are not Chelsea or man City. We need results now.
If you don't think longterm as a club, you will reach nothing in football business. That's nearly the first step for a successful and healthy club. And thinking longterm doesn't eliminate the option to play a succesful next season, it has to complement each other.

If a club only thinks about next season and doing transfers transfers to reach CL for example and this fails, you will need years again to rebuild for this. The most promiment example for this are Milan or HSV in Germany. Unrealistic goals for next season will help no club, if there isn't a basement for the future. The same happened with my club Werder in Germany too. 2018/19 we played a 53 points season, one point behind Europa League places. Because of this we changed our transfer policy from younger talents to more proven Bundesliga players to get instant success to reach the Europe League next season - Short summary: The next season we reached luckily place 16th and stayed in the league thanks to relegation and last season we deservedly relegated.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If you don't think longterm as a club, you will reach nothing in football business. That's nearly the first step for a successful and healthy club. And thinking longterm doesn't eliminate the option to play a succesful next season, it has to complement each other.

If a club only thinks about next season and doing transfers transfers to reach CL for example and this fails, you will need years again to rebuild for this. The most promiment example for this are Milan or HSV in Germany. Unrealistic goals for next season will help no club, if there isn't a basement for the future. The same happened with my club Werder in Germany too. 2018/19 we played a 53 points season, one point behind Europa League places. Because of this we changed our transfer policy from younger talents to more proven Bundesliga players to get instant success to reach the Europe League next season - Short summary: The next season we reached luckily place 16th and stayed in the league thanks to relegation and last season we deservedly relegated.
You cannot spend time thinking about the club in 5 years when your current team is falling and falling and falling.

By the time those young players are ready they have gotten so fed up of being in a **** team they leave.

Iceman10

Established Member

Panic over maybe for now if it's blocked we may only looking to either give him chance or loan him to PL
I just hope there is nothing small-minded, like a fear Saliba might be another Willock, out on loan at a PL club. There isn’t a shortage of interested PL clubs apparently.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He should be in the squad loaning him is a brain dead move .. I don't understand it

If he's just in the squad he isnt going to get the game time to prove himself. If he goes to Newcastle he will get every single game in the premier league to truly prove himself. PL loan is the next step for the lad.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I just hope there is nothing small-minded, like a fear Saliba might be another Willock, out on loan at a PL club. There isn’t a shortage of interested PL clubs apparently.
I'm not too worried about our willingness to loan him to a PL team, even if he does well with some team like Newcastle, Arteta and his cultists would come up with some new problem like how he lacks experience playing for a team that dominates possession.

Having said that, I can also see Arteta trying to dump a Ligue 1 ToTS player on the Championship like he tried last summer.

GunnerShy

Thats were you are 100000000% wrong. The club doesn't have to think in long term. It has to think today. We cannot stay 7th/8th/10th for another 3 or 4 years.

There is no point spending 30m on a player who may be given a chance in 2 years. We are not Chelsea or man City. We need results now.
It does need to think long term. You will not be successful just worrying about the next season.

Our recruitment over the last 3-4 years with free agents has shown that.

My biggest criticism of Arteta was not just that he finished 8th. It was that he finished 8th whilst heavily favouring the senior pros. The younger.players had already broken through or got a chance through circumstance.

This is entirely the point of Edu. To balance the short term priorities of Arteta who is trying to keep his job and the medium long term priorities of the club which is to sustainably improve the balance and talent of the squad, the use of the academy and better manage contracts of players to extract better value for the club (think he's way out his depth btw).

Selling Saliba because you're bored of it is the worst reason. Stock him on loan on the PL. A decent season will greatly increase his stock. The problem we have now of that a good third year and he'll be off to Chelsea or Man City. But that's better than off to Lille for £10m and sold two seasons later for £60m

em9999

My rainbows
If he's just in the squad he isnt going to get the game time to prove himself. If he goes to Newcastle he will get every single game in the premier league to truly prove himself. PL loan is the next step for the lad.
Yes but that's the while point behind having a strong squad

Why should we weaken our squad to benefit those pricks

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we'll send him to Rennes, surely if we want to loan him out, we'd look for a Premier League option.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arsenal made an administrative error? They also let Rennes mess them about. Amateur stuff Hairspray even you have to admit that.

Saliba holding out to join Rennes isn't the clubs fault, if the kids saying I want Rennes lets wait... Then suddenly its deadline day and he's like ahhhh **** they ain't coming back, that's down to him if he wants to wait and not accept another offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom