• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saliba holding out to join Rennes isn't the clubs fault, if the kids saying I want Rennes lets wait... Then suddenly its deadline day and he's like ahhhh **** they ain't coming back, that's down to him if he wants to wait and not accept another offer.
Are you for real? a club the size of Arsenal has an agreement with Rennes a month before deadline day. 2 weeks before deadline day they should be contacting Rennes and saying....right what's happening here. Are you taking him or not.

Are you telling me that Arsenal and Rennes had an agreement say in September and for say a month there was 0 contact or advancement on the deal and then Rennes called up the day before the window and said we don't want him?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are you for real? a club the size of Arsenal has an agreement with Rennes a month before deadline day. 2 weeks before deadline day they should be contacting Rennes and saying....right what's happening here. Are you taking him or not.

Are you telling me that Arsenal and Rennes had an agreement say in September and for say a month there was 0 contact or advancement on the deal and then Rennes called up the day before the window and said we don't want him?

It isn't just down to Arsenal, its down to Saliba himself as well. If he's demanding Rennes you can't do much about it. But this just shows people absolutely pelting the club for this need to sit the **** down and realise a lot more happens behind closed doors than meets the eye.

You also aren't going to begrudge a player who's just lost his mother a move to his preferred club.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It isn't just down to Arsenal, its down to Saliba himself as well. If he's demanding Rennes you can't do much about it. But this just shows people absolutely pelting the club for this need to sit the **** down and realise a lot more happens behind closed doors than meets the eye.

You also aren't going to begrudge a player who's just lost his mother a move to his preferred club.
Where is the leadership and direction from the club?

You are telling me that Arsenal say. OK William. Where do you want to go. He says Rennes. OK we will contact them and get it organised.

Yet maybe a month passes and it hasn't been organised? Edu and Mikel just close their eyes or do they not say what is going on here.

I don't know about you but people don't run their day to day life that way. I don't know how you can defend the club and say its normal for them to just be so carefree with a 30m signing.

But I know you won't have a bad word said about Edu or Mikel or the current regime.

When you pay 30m for someone and pay him probably 40-50k a week you don't let him do as he pleases.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Where is the leadership and direction from the club?

You are telling me that Arsenal say. OK William. Where do you want to go. He says Rennes. OK we will contact them and get it organised.

Yet maybe a month passes and it hasn't been organised? Edu and Mikel just close their eyes or do they not say what is going on here.

I don't know about you but people don't run their day to day life that way. I don't know how you can defend the club and say its normal for them to just be so carefree with a 30m signing.

But I know you won't have a bad word said about Edu or Mikel or the current regime.

When you pay 30m for someone and pay him probably 40-50k a week you don't let him do as he pleases.

I'm just saying a lot more has obviously gone on behind the scenes, and this is why i don't fully judge anything until I know the entire situation. Its like if your girlfriend spends the night out somewhere and she doesn't come home, but it turns out her mate ended up in hospital because the group of girls got beaten up and their phones taken. Your instant thought process is holy snaps she's gotta be with another dude, but the reality is you don't know the whole situation, so being angry, upset etc etc is utterly pointless.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Last summer, an agreement during the window was found for the player to leave Arsenal to join Rennes on a season-long loan, but SRFC then didn’t come back to him for quite a while and preferred to accelerate talks with Daniele Rugani instead.

Saliba waited right until the last minute of the summer window for the club to close the deal but they never did. The player was frustrated as it contributed to his inability to leave the Gunners last summer, despite the fact that Arsenal then made administrative errors as St Étienne tried to conclude a deal in the final hours of the window and that also fell through.
If Rennes weren't getting back to him, the club could've given them an ultimatum two weeks or so before the window closed. Don't this how this exonerates them.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm just saying a lot more has obviously gone on behind the scenes, and this is why i don't fully judge anything until I know the entire situation. Its like if your girlfriend spends the night out somewhere and she doesn't come home, but it turns out her mate ended up in hospital because the group of girls got beaten up and their phones taken. Your instant thought process is holy snaps she's gotta be with another dude, but the reality is you don't know the whole situation, so being angry, upset etc etc is utterly pointless.
You have a rental property for summer.

I send you a message in May about renting your place for July. Your peak time.

We agree dates but I haven't paid anything. You don't hear from me rest of May or June.

As a business do you contact me say middle ofJune to confirm my plans are still going ahead or do you just let it roll. Especially after you've seen me put an advertisement looking somewhere to rent in July on the website (Rugani).

Someone conscientious doesn't risk the possibility of having to look for someone last minute. They confirm and ensure that all is going ahead long before deadline.

At least that's how I would operate.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If Rennes weren't getting back to him, the club could've given them an ultimatum two weeks or so before the window closed. Don't this how this exonerates them.

Weren't Brentford rumoured to be in for him as well? If we where intent on loaning him it shouldn't have been back to France.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Some peoples pro Saliba agenda is an absolute joke tbf.
I know imagine taking the side of a young 30m defender who was dubbed the next Varane and said himself he was never given a chance here over Mikel who handed 32 year old semi retired Willian 200k a week, semi retired Soares 80k a week and 4 year deal and signed Runnarson who was making crepes in France on about a 4 year deal.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I know imagine taking the side of a young 30m defender who was dubbed the next Varane and said himself he was never given a chance here over Mikel who handed 32 year old semi retired Willian 200k a week, semi retired Soares 80k a week and 4 year deal and signed Runnarson who was making crepes in France on about a 4 year deal.
Its all about the price tag though innit.
FYI Varanes France couldnt deal with crosses and went crashing out of the Euros. Is it not fair to say Saliba will be levels below the French internationals? (He hasnt even played for the U21s).

I agree he should of be handled better (So did Arteta)
Maybe we just had too much to deal with last summer. Perhaps now Richard Garlick is involved it will be better.
Willian & Soares were poor signings. it happens get over it ffs. (I dont think Arteta actually wanted Soares & it was a Kia-edu 'favour deal')
Please stop using everything as a stick to beat Arteta, because that seems to be all you want to do.

Frankly Its boredom beyond belief.

99.9999% of people have no insight into the massive challenges of running a professional football club, comparing it to renting a holiday cottage shows that.
We already had a bloated squad and loads to deal with, perhaps they were trying to shift Mustafi, Özil, Sokratis and more last summer as that was deemed more important.

The Saliba situation may have been a knock on of that & so he unfortunately missed out on a few months loan.

The way some people react its as if Arteta locked him in a basement and had him waterboarded for weeks.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Its all about the price tag though innit.
FYI Varanes France couldnt deal with crosses and went crashing out of the Euros. Is it not fair to say Saliba will be levels below the French internationals? (He hasnt even played for the U21s).

I agree he should of be handled better (So did Arteta)
Maybe we just had too much to deal with last summer. Perhaps now Richard Garlick is involved it will be better.
Willian & Soares were poor signings. it happens get over it ffs. (I dont think Arteta actually wanted Soares & it was a Kia-edu 'favour deal')
Please stop using everything as a stick to beat Arteta, because that seems to be all you want to do.

Frankly Its boredom beyond belief.

99.9999% of people have no insight into the massive challenges of running a professional football club, comparing it to renting a holiday cottage shows that.
We already had a bloated squad and loads to deal with, perhaps they were trying to shift Mustafi, Özil, Sokratis and more last summer as that was deemed more important.

The Saliba situation may have been a knock on of that & so he unfortunately missed out on a few months loan.

The way some people react its as if Arteta locked him in a basement and had him waterboarded for weeks.
Who am I meant to beat?

Gunnasaurus.

Mikel came in and sold himself as something he wasn't. Me you and everyone on here bought into that.

What he has done has been nothing short of failure. In 18 months poor.

When/if he turns it around and gets us top 4 next year then I will be the first to come on here and say....I'm glad we stuck with him and he actually is a top coach and we are lucky to have him.

But until that happens I will base my opinion on what I see. Not what might happen if 4 or 5 particular sets of situations manifest themselves.

You say we have no idea what happens in a football club. That is right. But we also have an element of common sense.

Do you make an agreement with Rennes maybe a month before deadline day and sometime before not check to see what is going on? If your answer is no you don't then you equally are as stupid as Mikel and the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom