• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If he is not rated he will be moved on and rightly so.
I hope he turns out to be a top CB for us but if not then so be it.

Have to say while it would be disappointing part of me would find it simply hilarious as all the clowns on here would go into total meltdown.

The way some talk he is the best CB on the planet 😅.
God forbid if he ever plays for us and makes a mistake.
The bigger issue is the club scouted and spent 30 million on a teenager twitch the thought of being special talent and it turns out he is not good enough to play a single minute. That reflects really really bad on the club. This is not a million pound player you took a punt on. The season he was signed we needed a CB and the club was feeding the media they didn’t want to buy for the sake of it and rather choose to spend on special talent

Goonger

The question the drama queen's need to ask, is if we want to sell, if folk don't think we'll make our money back on him, & if he's as good as many think he is.....

...why has no big clubs came in & bought him then?

Would mean there's at least 1 part of my first paragraph wrong. Will let you debate further what part.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The question the drama queen's need to ask, is if we want to sell, if folk don't think we'll make our money back on him, & if he's as good as many think he is.....

Would mean there's at least 1 part of my first paragraph wrong. Will let you debate further what part.
Why did we spend 30 million on him? It’s not Saliba nor fans who come out bad out of this. It’s the club. And Marseille want him. But why spend big money on him when you can loan him? You think Arsenal are in a position where they turn down loans and say ok he stays then and plays a year in the reserves. If you are Salibas advisor you don’t commit to any club. Go out on loan and keep your Arsenal wages and asses your situation in a years time.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Don’t know what’s been posted before, but I’ll guess we get our money back if we sell, his reputation and performances in France are in the higher levels.

What you might have to consider is that in the current pandemic most clubs in Europe don’t have money.

Another good loan and you’re looking at a plus 30M player, comes here and plays well and you’re looking at a potential star.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why did we spend 30 million on him? It’s not Saliba nor fans who come out bad out of this. It’s the club. And Marseille want him. But why spend big money on him when you can loan him? You think Arsenal are in a position where they turn down loans and say ok he stays then and plays a year in the reserves. If you are Salibas advisor you don’t commit to any club. Go out on loan and keep your Arsenal wages and asses your situation in a years time.
Marseille want a loan because they can’t afford him.

The first part of your paragraph is where my issue is with this. The club hires Raul, who spends on Saliba, Pepe, Guendouzi, Torreira etc, then the club sacks Raul and now Arteta isn’t using any of them. The club clearly had no idea what they were doing. Arteta should’ve been told his job involves developing these players.

Goonger

What you keep forgetting is that the 2 guys that were in charge of transfers & the team at the time of the Saliba transfer are no longer here.

So yeah, it will reflect bad on the club. But at the end of the day, if Arteta, his coaches & Edu don't think he's good enough, that's up to them.

My main point is, either the article is a load of ****e, which I still think it might be, or if he's as good as we think he is, bigger clubs you think would snap him off our hands!

GDeep™

League is very weak
The club backs Raul and gives him cash to sign younger players etc.

Then they sack him and give full power to Arteta, without him developing the newly signed young players being in the job description.

It doesn’t make sense. We have no cash, so you must develop and use the young players.

Goonger

Then they sack him and give full power to Arteta, without him developing the newly signed young players being in the job description.

It doesn’t make sense. We have no cash, so you must develop and use the young players.

Or, it could be something simple like the manager doesn't rate the players signed by the last regime, so keeps and integrates the players he likes, & sells the ones he doesn't, & asks the club for more money to make up the shortfall to buy more that he likes.

That not what all clubs / managers do really? The debate will always be did the manager make the right decision.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Marseille want a loan because they can’t afford him.

The first part of your paragraph is where my issue is with this. The club hires Raul, who spends on Saliba, Pepe, Guendouzi, Torreira etc, then the club sacks Raul and now Arteta isn’t using any of them. The club clearly had no idea what they were doing. Arteta should’ve been told his job involves developing these players.
Fully agree. We don’t a clear approach and is doing a bit of everything. Either we have a football director who set up the squad and the managers job is to use the players he is given and improve them or go back to the old days where manager decides who is bought. If we go with the second option it makes even less sense to have a rookie manager. You should have brought in a manager who has experience buying players

It seems we did interview Arteta with being a coach and within months he managed to change the clubs view and work his way to a manager. It’s still a scandal we spent 30 million on a kid and not give him minutes. That alone can damage our rep with future youngsters.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

People act like we want Saliba to get a chance just because he's a shiny new toy, and not because he was considered a similar level prospect to Raphael Varane at that age.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Remember when AM told me that Arteta monitored Saliba's progress on loan closely and used to call him every week?

Good times.
There are people who make up lies in here to make Arteta look better. He has a cult following. The way he handled the guendouzzi situation was also very bad. Drove the players value down completely by making his stay here impossible

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is where the situation gets weird - not every manager wants, or has the time to develop a 19 year old CB. So I have sympathy for Arteta there.

I think this is a club and structure mistake. Also been saying all season we’ll eventually sell all the kids.

Saliba will be fine, he’ll go play in France next season and get a move next summer. Maybe we’ll be fine too, we’ll sign a 23-26 year old to partner Gabriel and they both perform.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is where the situation gets weird - not every manager wants, or has the time to develop a 19 year old CB. So I have sympathy for Arteta there.

I think this is a club and structure mistake. Also been saying all season we’ll eventually sell all the kids.

Saliba will be fine, he’ll go play in France next season and get a move next summer. Maybe we’ll be fine too, we’ll sign a 23-26 year old to partner Gabriel and they both perform.
How much powers should a manager have though. Let’s say next manager don’t rate saka for whatever reason like mourinho didn’t with Ali. Do you think club hierarchy should step in situations like that to protect the clubs assets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom