• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

He’s saying that Rennes cant afford to buy Saliba and its only a loan.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I'm going to lose my **** if we don't make this guy a nailed on starter.

Shouldve happened last season but we stuck with idiots like Mustafi and Luiz who had no future here. He couldve been a season in at this point. Who knows he mightve hit the ground running like Fofana.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I gotta be honest for someone considered the "Mbappe of CBs" by many, he's not exactly attracting Europe's elite to try and sign him.

ragnarock

Of course they want him he’s the biggest cb talent in the world. People crying again over nothing, he’s getting a chance next season.
What 😅

Unpopular opinion and maybe it’s just because I dislike hype-trains in general but there is something I don’t really like about him. Admittedly I haven’t followed him on a game to game (and therefore shouldn’t even comment) but his movement looks sluggish and heavy? Feel he will struggle against agile players at top level and when put under pressure in buildup.

Will happily be told I’m wrong, don’t hold back.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think he will be here for most of pre-season whatever happens, purely because we will only have Mari and Holding available to choose from. Gabriel will be at the Olympics, White (if he signs) will be on holiday.

Iceman10

Established Member
Bad news after bad news on this thread. Arteta has no idea what he's doing.

Saliba's style literally suits what he wants. This all so amateurish. Arteta will have no credit in the bank with even his (somewhat) supporters if he does this.
After the exit against Villareal and everything else it was pretty hardcore, borderline cultish, to still be defending Arteta. I've seen Hairspray already siding with Arteta, against Saliba, and likely al-Usthaad would do the same. Nothing really changes, if results are poor over the first three months of the season Arteta will be out, especially with crowds back in the Emirates.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think he will be here for most of pre-season whatever happens, purely because we will only have Mari and Holding available to choose from. Gabriel will be at the Olympics, White (if he signs) will be on holiday.
Hopefully, would hopefully embarass Arteta into having no choice but to keep him. Although I doubt it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
After the exit against Villareal and everything else it was pretty hardcore, borderline cultish, to still be defending Arteta. I've seen Hairspray already siding with Arteta, against Saliba, and likely al-Usthaad would do the same. Nothing really changes, if results are poor over the first three months of the season Arteta will be out, especially with crowds back in the Emirates.
I always said I would give him one more summer but if I was in charge I would sack him now with his decision on Saliba and wanting to spend £50m on someone who Saliba could usurp in a season.

We are ruining the one nice reputation we had, giving players a chance. Especially young ones. No we are tryna act like a pseudo- oil club. Edu should be ashamed of himself just as much he is overseeing this.

Iceman10

Established Member
I always said I would give him one more summer but if I was in charge I would sack him now with his decision on Saliba and wanting to spend £50m on someone who Saliba could usurp in a season.

We are ruining the one nice reputation we had, giving players a chance. Especially young ones. No we are tryna act like a pseudo- oil club. Edu should be ashamed of himself just as much he is overseeing this.
It was said by the club a week or so back that Saliba would be with Arsenal for preseason, where Arteta would check him out. I don't expect the club to u-turn on that, but you never know. This tension of Saliba constantly under some sort of trial to gain Arteta's approval doesn't look healthy though, that's for sure.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saliba has spoken out about Arteta and the club. We all know thats a no go under the "non negotiables". Saliba won't play for Arsenal while Arteta is here. He's rubbed him up the wrong way and that is that.

Hes clearly one of the top centre backs in the French league. Would Holding, Chambers, Mari be the same there? Maybe yes, maybe no. But we have invested the guts of 30m for nothing by the looks of things.

What would Salibas value be worth now if someone were to buy him? 15-20m still because of potential? 8-10m loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom